Monday 18 November 2013

Experimenting With Colour


They're a bit extreme, but I was just playing about with colour in Photoshop for my lair's concept art. I am aiming to keep the vibrant, graphical style :)

UPDATE:
After speaking with Jordan, he suggested it would be best to keep the colours limited and not to apply the level of vibrancy to the whole lair otherwise it comes across as too fun and happy. I want a slightly more sinister feel as it is for a Master Criminal. It was also mentioned that I remove the kind of panel/desk object in the foreground as this is distracting from the focus and disrupts the sense of scale. In my next paintings I am going to start with much more dull colours and add elements of brightness and and glowing feel by using some tools and techniques that Jordan showed me, I think this will be more successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment